Due to popular demand, we’ve added a workshop just for WordPress beginners, called “Newbie Workshop”. This 4 hour class will take place on Sunday, August 26 during WordCamp Chicago.
VERY IMPORTANT: A ticket to this workshop is free with your paid ticket to WordCamp, but you MUST register for this workshop in addition to the main event. There are only 25 spots, too, so get your spot reserved quickly! Register here for both tickets.
Have you installed WordPress, but it’s just setting there? Or maybe you keep telling yourself you need to set up that WordPress blog.
Join Bob Dunn and Mary Duquaine for 4 hours of hands-on WordPress goodness. We’ll start at the beginning and you will learn how to:
- Get more control over your WordPress dashboard.
- Steps to go through after installing WordPress.
- How to create posts and pages, and the differences between them.
- How to insert media such as photos and videos.
- Manage categories and tags.
- Install and use plugins and widgets.
- And ideas of how you can take your blog into a full-fledged website.
Space is limited to 25 so register now.
Note: It will help if you have your domain and hosting purchased with WordPress installed. And make sure to bring your laptop computer – wifi available.